- Provide strategic vision and forward-focused leadership to a dynamic, regionally governed organization.
- Plan, organize, direct, monitor and coordinate all programs and activities of a 1,500 bed adult detention facility, in compliance with applicable rules, regulations and accreditation standards.
- Supervise assigned staff effectively, including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
- Monitor all current regulations, new laws, precedent decisions and directives that may impact the jail operationally, and lead compliance efforts with all Virginia Board of Corrections standards and all other applicable state and federal standards.\
- Develop operational and capital budget based on historical data and guidance from the Authority Board; continuously monitor the budget, and prepare appropriate reports including annual financial statements; and review requests for purchase of supplies and equipment to assure proper budget management and efficiencies.
- Study and evaluate enforcement activities and local court trends that may require adjustment in plans to provide the most effective utilization of the jail and staff.
- Evaluate management and operational problems encountered and plan the course of remedial action; and oversee procedures for resolving inmate grievances.
- Enforce the policies and procedures of the facility, and prepare and recommend changes or modifications as needed.
- Effective and proven leadership and management skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible approach to problem-solving
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Effective negotiator
Download the RRJA Jail Superintendent Position Brochure March 2020 job description.
The application deadline is April 10, 2020, at 5 p.m.
Interested applicants should submit a confidential resume with cover letter and must include salary requirements to:
Hefty Wiley & Gore, P.C.
ATTN: Connie Juberget
100 West Franklin Street, Suite 300
Richmond, Virginia 23220
Electronic responses are preferred and should be directed to: email@example.com
Note: A more detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Connie Juberget
An extensive background check and pre-employment drug test are required.