This position requires considerable technical expertise in the operation, diagnosis, and maintenance of a variety of automation equipment, networking and software related to Jail information management, inmate telephone, and security systems.
Examples of Duties
This description may not include the entire task listed, nor do the examples necessarily include all of the tasks performed.
- The incumbent is responsible for diagnosing office workstation automation hardware and software failures.
- Performs routine maintenance and minor repair of automation equipment. Prepares purchase requisitions and installs replacement parts.
- Maintains Detention Center equipment and software licenses, agreements and warranties.
- Assists in configuring and maintaining Detention Center servers, switches and internet links.
- Assists in the coordination of maintenance and repair of state and federal law enforcement and correctional automated systems in use at the Detention Center.
- Assists in operation and maintenance of the Detention Center’s commercial and automated inmate phone systems.
- Develops and conducts training for staff on all automated and security systems.
- Develops crystal reports.
The incumbent must be:
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the operation and maintenance of Microsoft operating systems, network configuration and administration.
- Skilled in diagnosis and minor repair of standard office automation hardware to include computers, printers, and scanners is required.
- Sufficiently skilled to configure and maintain secure internet links.
- Ability to read automated programs and related manuals (required).
- Must be able to reach, lift, bend, stretch, crawl and kneel as required to contort self in different directions or lift heavy objects.
- Standard office automation equipment including networking devices, printers, and scanners.
- Operates surveillance, telephone and other criminal justice network systems.
- Uses appropriate hand or power tools required for installation of IT components.
- Work involves some degree of risk to personal safety.
For information, and to apply, go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fcva/jobs/2396558/correctional-systems-technician
The County’s EEO Utilization Report has been available at www.fcva.us/jobs.